Saturday, March 16, 2013

ELF Haul

So I had mentioned before that I had recently undergone a mini ELF Cosmetics Haul.. it consisted of 19 items. They were having a one day deal. If you spent 30 dollars you got 10 free mineral eyeshadows; loose and pressed. So I made my rounds over the website. I did my swatches and now it's time to share. The only items I didn't do swatches for were the mineral face makeup.. that's for another day. So let's begin. :)



The first items are Mineral Foundation in Medium Beige, Mineral Blush in Peachy, and Mineral Glow in Bronzed. I actually purchased the Mineral Glow Kit and it came with the bag and the Kabuki Body Brush.. the foundation and Bronzed were separate but all the item fit perfectly in the bag, so it all works out.. The didn't put the prices on the invoice, but I think the bronzer kit was 8 dollars, while the other items were 3 dollars a piece. I did  test these out on my hand and they apply smoothly and evenly and are really easy to blend. Definitely no complaints so far.. I just need to know how well they hold up, if I'm going to look greasy eventually, etc.



The next product is the Volume Plumping mascara in black. As you can see the brush is pretty thick with lots a bristles, so I'd imagine it works wells. I haven't tested it out yet.. hopefully it does the trick.. but for 3 dollars, I wouldn't be too upset if it didn't. I'll let you know.



This stuff the awesome. It's the Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California. I never really familiarize myself with baked products. I had no clue until last night that you could Wet a brush and make an almost foil like eyeliner. I am definitely going to have a lot of fun with this. The colors are very pretty. I don't think this picture does it justice. They have two other baked palettes if I am remembering correctly. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them the next time I'm on the site.



So clearly it's becoming apparent that I have an eyeshadow addiction right? These are the Pigment Eyeshadows. Listing the them left to right, I purchased Baked Brown, Tropical Teal, Magical Marlon, and Golden Goddess. These colors are absolutely amazing and I'm thoroughly pleased with my choices, considering they all work well together.. I didn't even really plan on it happening that way.. which made me even happier.




These are the first five of the free Mineral Eyeshadows that I chose. These are loose mineral pigment. The colors I picked out left to right were Partier, Earthy, Wild, Bronzed, and Outdoorsy. I LOVE the last color. It's like and evergreen shade. I've never used a shadow this color before and I'm totally stoked to get a chance to play. All of these, as well and the Pigment Eyeshadows are 3 dollars a piece.



The other five free mineral eyeshadows I chose were from the Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow line. These are also 3 dollars a piece. The colors I went with were First Date, Miss Popular, Out All Night, Heartbreaker, and Wine Tour. These eyeshadows are very smooth to apply. You can layer them easily as well. I didn't use a primer for any of these swatches, and they still are vibrant and clear. I can't wait to see them with the primer, considering it really aids in bringing out the true pigment of the shadows.

I really hope you found this interesting or informative or cool. ;) If you really love makeup but don't like to spend a ton of unnecessary money for a name, then I'd strongly suggest checking out ELF. They carry some of the products at Target, but visiting Eyes Lips Face will allow you to see the true extent of what they have to offer.
Well that is all. I want to apologize if the quality of my photos is poor. I updated and took all the photos with my tablet, so they may seem blurry of a computer with a higher resolution. If you have a tablet, I'd assume they'd be much clearer. Until next time <3

No comments:

Post a Comment